[Hiring] Senior Frontend Developer at Clearview
Date PostedJanuary 19, 2024
ExperienceFresh, 1 Year, 2 Years, 3 Years, 4 Years, 5 Years
We’re a remote-first, distributed software company with team members spread across the globe. We help startups and scaling companies build products and grow their engineering teams.
Why do people join Clearview? To make an impact. To grow as people and professionals. To enjoy schedule flexibility unlike anything they’ve ever experienced in a workplace. To be surrounded by developers who they can learn from. We are truly excited to be creating waves in an industry under transformation.
We bring Clearview teammates on as full-time contractors, but our list of benefits looks nothing like traditional contract freelancing. We offer all our teammates:
- Unparalleled flexibility of working hours — which means operationalized family-first, soul-first values
- Paid skill expansion (so you can keep growing as you work with us).
- Coworking (or home office optimization) budget
- A local meet-up budget for our co-located teammates to hang out outside of work
- Annual summits, for company-wide face time
True innovation comes from an exchange of knowledge across all of our teams. To put people on the path to success, we nurture a culture built on trust, collaboration, and personal growth. You will often work independently, but when you’re working on a team it will be a small, feature-based, cross-functional team. One thing you can be certain of: You will be empowered to take ownership.
Are you an exceptionally strong Senior Frontend Developer with an independent mindset? Do you want to work remotely on challenging projects within a great community? Sounds like you’ll be a great fit for Clearview. With us, you’ll actively drive code review and architecture choices — as well as mentor our other engineers and be key in directing the evolution of our projects.
You’ll need to be:
- Fluent in the English language, both spoken and written (however: we don’t mind which version of the English language it is)
- A boss-level communicator. That means that you are strong in expressing technical requirements, communicating technical strategies and blockers and addressing any issues (which means proactively reaching for — or providing — help when needed).
- A fully proactive and self-directed time-management expert
What we expect of you:
- Several years of professional experience in software development
- Experience with Vue, React or Angular
- Advanced knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS
- Implement automated unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Create pull requests (While you’re at it, review your teammates’ pull requests too, mentoring the more junior members of our development team.)
- Participate in design sessions with your team members, coming up with the optimum technical solution that not only meets the business requirements, but does so with performance, scalability, and maintainability in mind
- Experience with Node, npm/Yarn, Webpack, and other web related toolkit
- Extensive experience with Git, GitHub and GitLab
- An intuitive sense for UX
- Innovate. There’s always something we can improve upon, whether it be process or tools, or technology choices. Maybe a Slackbot? If you can dream it, you get to build it
It would be awesome if:
- You have some experience working remotely (but if you’re a boss-level communicator with rock-solid reliability and you’re curious about making the leap to remote, we’ll guide you through it)
- You have some experience with backend development
- You have some experience with UI/UX design
- You have some experience with design handover tools such as Figma