[Hiring] Senior Frontend Engineer (React) at Circle
Date PostedJanuary 15, 2024
Experience5 Years plus
Circle is building the world’s leading all-in-one platform for online communities. We make it possible for creators, coaches, educators, and businesses to bring together their audience with engaging discussions, live streams, events, chat, courses, and payments — all in one place, all under their own brand.
We’re proud to be a fully remote company of around 120 (and growing!) team members from 30+ countries around the world. We strive to find exceptional talent, empower them to do their best work, and in turn, have a meaningful impact in their own lives. We don’t track hours, but we manage for outcomes in an a-synchronous culture.
Twice a year, we bring the whole company together for incredible company retreats in beautiful places around the world!
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Front-end Engineer to join our Marketing Hub team as we aim to make Circle the top choice for creator/brand-led communities. You’ll be working on features related to Member Management Areas, Member Invite Flows, Member Sign Up/Authentication, Workflows, and Marketing/Bulk Emails.
In this role, you will partake in all stages of the development lifecycle, from initial task definition to final deployment. As a senior engineer, you’ll break down large epics into actionable tasks, follow through with development and testing, review PRs, push updates to production, and gradually release behind feature flags. Your responsibilities will also include bug-fixing and continuous improvement of the codebase. This role requires a high level of technical proficiency and a strong understanding of software development best practices.
What you’ll be doing
- Work on a frontend architecture written in React.js, Ruby on Rails, and Tailwind.js.
- Build critical features and improvements for our web app.
- Improve the quality of our codebase, identify architectural deficiencies, and create achievable paths to solve/evolve them.
- Work closely with Circle’s leaders throughout the feature spec + design process.
- Work closely with our designers to design and develop a world-class user experience.
What you’ll need to be successful
- Strong alignment with our values, find our values on our career page if you haven’t read up on them yet.
- You are proficient in English (spoken, written, and reading) at a CEFR Level C2 / ILR Level 5.
- 5+ years of full-stack experience designing and building high-volume, scalable SaaS applications from end-to-end. Strong proficiency in React and Tailwind CSS, with Typescript and Ruby on Rails being nice to haves.
- Experience leading/architecting complex user interfaces and API design.
- Strong judgment and an attention to detail when it comes to architectural, product, design, and process decisions. Your judgment should inspire a high level of trust within the team.
- Multiple years of experience debugging complex issues.
- A desire to work in an environment which values speed of iteration and individual autonomy, while also embracing personal accountability and the ability to collaborate effectively as part of a dynamic team.
- Motivation to understand the business, our users, their requirements, and to deliver results.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with a certain level of ambiguity.
- Great communication skills both in writing and verbal/oral (English).
- Adaptable with the ability to change direction quickly if necessary.
- Familiar with agile software development principles
- Passion for continued learning and a track record of picking up new technologies and skills as you ship high-quality code.
- Previous experience working with community platforms.
- Experience working on CRM/Marketing tools or in the creator space.
- Experience at a fast-growing start-up.
$120,000 – $130,000 a year
Cash compensation is a starting point, and we want all of our team members to be able to grow in their roles. In addition to equity, benefits and perks, our cash compensation is subject to an annual review and increase on a once per year basis on the hire date anniversary.
The fun stuff
Fully remote: work from anywhere in the world!
Autonomy and trust to do your job: we care about outcomes over everything else.
Paid time away: all employees are given 35 days of PTO annually.
Generous U.S. benchmarked compensation and startup equity no matter where you are in the world.*
Awesome medical coverage with 100% coverage for you and your family, or medical reimbursement options where applicable!*
Home office stipend to help you get up and running.
Learning & development stipend to help you level up your professional skills.
Annual bonus potential for roles that don’t already receive variable income or commission.
Company retreats: Twice a year, the Circle team gets together for a fully paid company retreat in incredible places around the world! We’ve had past retreats in Colombia, Portugal, and Mexico, with more planned on the horizon.
*Your role, location and unique circumstance may affect this.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
As a fully-remote international company, diversity is baked into our DNA. Here’s how our CEO, Sid Yadav, frames our hiring mission: “let’s find talent in underserved and under-represented corners of the world, set them up to do the best work of their lives, and in turn, change their life.” To achieve this hiring mission, we offer competitive U.S.-benchmarked compensation no matter where someone’s located in the world, and we proactively seek candidates who expand representation of backgrounds, cultures and lived experiences in our teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Circle is an equal opportunity employer and as such, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.