Date PostedNovember 20, 2023
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING:
- Discuss and promote the implementation of new features
- Listen to the customer and suggest feasibility options
- As a team commit to goals, deadlines, and objectives
- As a team design and define system architectures and contribute to technical decisions
- Communicating your needs clearly and responsibly
The immediate challenge we face for our newest project is ensuring our product can scale and handle the increase in peak load.
Currently, the platform is used by millions of users around the globe and contains billions of searchable online historical records. Connecting people to their family stories. One of the key challenges of the role will be helping the business scale the existing service to support an anticipated increase in user demand (possible 10x our current traffic).
Your skill and experience at building scalable, performant solutions which are robust under increased user demand will be invaluable.
In 2022 our platform will start to ingest an additional 38 million historic UK family records, which will likely generate over 6 billion new disparate queries.
If you are Portugal or Brazil based, you will be joining our engineering team and be a valued member working closely in a collaborative, autonomous, cross-functional team. You will help with the following:
- Design, develop and deploy user experiences with a focus on usability, high availability, low latency and scalability.
- Building out and improving our new Node.JS backend systems, to meet the needs of a modern and growing business.
- Operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team in a DevOps culture.
- Continuously improving our product by innovating the service through the usage of A/B tests.
You will find yourself working in a continuous learning environment and a fast-moving market and there are real opportunities to gain new experiences and make a lasting mark on our product, business and customers.
OUR TECH STACK
Don’t worry if you don’t know our languages or technologies, although the more you know will help your application. We help all our new engineers get up to speed quickly through a thoughtful and supportive induction programme.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- You have a proven track record in Software Engineering roles, with exposure to both front and back-end development.
- You have a few years of experience coding with React and Node.js, and you are up for learning more!
- You have deep knowledge of writing testable code and using Jest as your testing library.
- You love learning and embrace our self-directed daily learning hour, mentorship and Engineering guilds.
- You have deep knowledge of and care about sound engineering practices like pair programming, upfront automated testing, continuous deployment, and trunk-based development.
- You are a strong communicator and love working as part of a team.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience
AWESOME BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience testing using Cypress, Selenium and/or Enzyme
- Experience with C# .NET Framework
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be part of our collegial environment where responsibility and authority is shared equally amongst colleagues and help create our company culture
- A culture in which we don’t criticise failure but ensure we learn from our mistakes
- An Agile environment where your ideas are welcome
- The possibility to grow and experience different projects
- Fully remote
- Ongoing Training & Mentoring
- The possibility to travel (when we are allowed)