[Hiring] Senior iOS Engineer at Kickstarter PBC
Date PostedNovember 17, 2023
ExperienceFresh, 1 Year, 2 Years, 3 Years, 4 Years, 5 Years
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.
About the Team
- Write well-tested software that meets product, design, and operational criteria to enable the success of Kickstarter users.
- Estimate task complexity and guide team execution of large to extra-large projects, ensuring committed work is delivered on-time.
- Identify and propose technical project opportunities and suggest process improvements to help the team perform and deliver better.
- Participate in group code reviews to ensure a high standard of quality for all changes to Kickstarter systems.
- Remain informed of platform level API changes and App Store guidance.
- Participate in the on-call rotation to ensure continuous availability of services to Kickstarter users.
- Pair with and provide growth feedback and mentorship to more junior teammates.
- You have deep, extensive professional experience with Objective C, Swift, and Graph QL.
- You enjoy working collaboratively, participating in team discussions, planning and software design.
- You have excellent communication and time management skills.
- You have experience mentoring other engineers, including pair programming and knowledge sharing.
- You have experience designing and building performant and scalable systems which balance user needs, business requirements, and resource constraints.
- You have experience working iteratively and maintaining live products.
- You have a pragmatic approach to writing well-tested, maintainable code.
- You love writing tests to ensure you deliver high-quality software and experiences.
- You consider the broader impacts of your work through; building accessible UI, quality & testing patterns, code readability, documentation and considering security, performance and data integrity concerns.
- You value sharing knowledge, personal growth, positive feedback, and continuously improving engineering and team practices.
- You empathize with creators, the challenges of the creative process and bringing projects to life.
What You’ll Enjoy
- A fully remote workforce with plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- 100% employer-paid health plan offerings
- 16 paid vacation days, 10 sick days, and a company-wide winter break between Christmas and New Years
- 25 volunteer hours each year to give back to your community
- 16 weeks of parental leave plus fertility/family planning resources
- A 4-day/32-hour workweek! Kickstarter is currently experimenting with one so that we can all enjoy long weekends
- Incredibly talented and inspiring colleagues who know how to blend their creative endeavors into their work