[Hiring] Senior Node Engineer at Argyle
Date PostedFebruary 8, 2024
ExperienceFresh, 1 Year, 2 Years, 3 Years, 4 Years, 5 Years
Argyle is a fast-growing, remote-first Series B startup solving a systemic data problem.
Underneath the consumer finance industry’s decisions and processes is static, analog documentation—things like credit reports and paystubs—designed decades ago for a world that no longer exists. Meanwhile, credit bureaus buy, move, store, and sell consumers’ data without their knowledge or consent.
The result? A labyrinth of manual workflows and shortsighted underwriting models that obstruct financial access, compound operational costs, and impede innovation.
The solution is Argyle. We’re a real-time income data platform that lets our end-users instantly connect their employment records to apps and websites, so they can access and qualify for the financial resources they need to get ahead. Providers benefit from streamlined workflows and enhanced visibility that reduce costs and risk across the user journey.
Our mission is to give consumers the means to exercise ownership over their income, employment, and identity data in order to create a more equal, efficient, and effective financial system for everybody.
If you’re looking to join a fun and ambitious group of people working remotely across dozens of countries, apply today.
About the team
This position is for a senior node engineer within Frontend team. Frontend team is responsible for making client facing products that cater our client needs. It’s not just UI projects but also backend micro-services that drive our frontend applications:
- we maintain sign-up, sign-in process and enterprise client integrations to our system
- we create no-code solution to our clients to speed-up the adoption
- we have multiple micro-services with public facing APIs to our clients
- we optimize the backend for speed to make our frontend feel snappy and fast
What will you do?
- Create and execute an implementation plan for product features
- Drive initiatives for optimizations and architectural improvements for existing frontend stack
- Monitor and optimize the efficiency of node backend services
- Extensive experience in TypeScript and associated ecosystem
- Senior level experience creating and maintaining node micro-services
- Good knowledge in best engineering practices with capability to write well-tested code
- Experience with Fastify, Postgres, Kafka, Kubernetes and CI automation
- Proven work experience in a distributed team, in a remote environment
- Highly self-driven, responsible, and able to function autonomously to solve problems and ship features
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Remote first company
- International environment
- Flexible working hours
- Stock Options
- Flexible vacation leave
- $1,000 after a month of employment to set up your home office.
At Argyle, we wholeheartedly embrace diversity and foster equal opportunities for all. We are dedicated to assembling a team encompassing a rich tapestry of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. We firmly believe that the greater our inclusivity, the stronger and more vibrant our company becomes.