[Hiring] Senior Social Media Manager at Carry1st
Date PostedOctober 16, 2023
Experience4 Years plus
Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, publishing, and fintech, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. Across our publishing and Pay1st business lines, we are partnered with top global game companies like Riot Games, Activision, and Stillfront. We are backed by top investors like: a16z, Bitkraft, Google, Konvoy, Riot Games, and Nas.
We are seeking a passionate and results-driven Social Media Manager to join our team. As a Social Media Manager, you will play a crucial role in building and maintaining a strong online presence for our brand and our games. You will be responsible for developing and executing social media strategies that resonate with African gamers.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy to enhance brand awareness, engagement, and acquisition in the African market, both for Carry1st Shop and our games.
- Hire and manage a lean team of Social Media Associates in Africa.
- Work closely with our Shop, Games and Influencer Marketing teams to create compelling, culturally relevant content (including text, images, videos, and other media) that resonates with African gamers.
- Manage the content calendar to ensure a consistent posting schedule across all platforms (Facebook, Instagram, X, Youtube, Tik Tok).
- Monitor and analyze social media performance metrics
- Monitor trends, conversations, and user feedback to identify opportunities for engagement and improvement.
- Collaborate with our Customer Support team to foster an active and engaged online community, making sure we provide timely and personable responses to comments, messages, and inquiries.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest social media trends, tools, and best practices to ensure Carry1st maintains a cutting-edge presence.
What makes you a great candidate?
- A passion for the gaming industry, and for mobile games in particular
- 4+ years of experience in social media marketing on the client side or top digital/advertising agencies
- Track record of growing social communities and developing content on social platforms, preferably in Africa
- Strong creative and editorial skills with a player-first approach
- Experience with social analytics across channels and ability to summarize data into insights
- Self-driven and accountable with a high degree of ownership
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Problem-solving attitude combined with great attention to details
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global – with people in 25+ countries! At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company – enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…