[Hiring] Senior Software Engineer at Adaptavist
Date PostedOctober 11, 2023
ExperienceFresh, 1 Year, 2 Years, 3 Years, 4 Years, 5 Years
Working at Adaptavist
The Adaptavist Group is a global family of companies with a common goal. We combine the best of teamwork, technology, and processes, helping all kinds of businesses be better today and tomorrow.
We are experts at delivering enterprise software, tailored solutions, and quality services across some of the world’s most trusted technology ecosystems, including Atlassian, AWS, Slack, GitLab, Monday.com and Aha!
We make change happen. From anywhere.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that work can fit around your life, rather than your life fitting around work.
Adaptavist’s mission is to help organizations embrace the right tools, processes, and culture to make transformation their competitive advantage. And it all starts with you.
Working at Adaptavist is unlike any other job you’ve ever had. We trust you from day one. We encourage curiosity. We champion diversity. We’re never afraid to try something new.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that you can now fit work around your life, instead of trying to fit your life around work. You can even take as much vacation as you want. Yes, really!
As part of The Adaptavist Group, we make up a family of brands that combine people, processes, and technology to make businesses better. Offering trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing, we believe our unique and open culture underpins our status as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
Some of our UK benefits include:
– Unlimited Holiday
– Pension matching up to 5%
– Employee assistance programme
– Udemy Online Learning
– Volunteer Days
– Flexible working hours
– Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
– Season ticket loan
– Eye Care Vouchers
– Life Assurance
– Income Protection Scheme
– Private Medical with Bupa
– Bring your dog to work
– Adaptavist Rewards
About the role
As the Senior Software Engineer you will contribute and lead engineering best practices within the team to guarantee the reliability and scalability of our microservices, within our streaming data platform. You will be responsible for driving technical discussion and design sessions within the team. You will also act as a mentor for other engineers within the team to perform code reviews, discuss designs, and work together on technical problems.
We practice continuous integration and delivery, so you’ll be responsible for seeing new functionality through to our production environment, with monitoring and metrics in place to ensure the platform continues to run smoothly.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading, researching and documenting how to add capabilities to our internal streaming data platform
- Performing POC’s/ POT’s and ascertaining the correct technology choices for the overall platform
- Designing plugins and features to meet overall demand
- Designing the systems/services that need to be built in order to implement the solutions to customer requirements
- Define streaming application architecture and best practice
- Implementing business logic and corresponding unit/integration/performance tests
- Creating automated build and deployment plans
- Define and document observability metrics to monitor processes
- Analysing logs and metrics for performance, behaviour and to investigate support queries
- A strong team player mindset. Strong collaboration with team members (via tech design reviews & sparring, code reviews etc) and ability to effectively collaborate on ideas and designs with other developers in Adaptavist
- Contributing back into the open source codebases where applicable.
What we’re looking for
- Understanding of streaming system concepts and concerns
- Understanding of serverless and micro-services oriented architecture with extensible REST APIs and developing consuming these
- Java or Python experience
- Understanding of high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed systems
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and communication skills
- An ability to think innovatively and creatively
- Interest in helping and encouraging colleagues
- Good understand of containerisation
- Experience with at least one: Kinesis, Kafka or Flink
A few nice to haves
- Experience working with CI/CD
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code
- Experience of Kubernetes (Helm)
- Experience building systems using AWS services
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status.
From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
We look forward to your application!