[Hiring] Software Development Engineer at Circadence
Date PostedOctober 2, 2023
Design and implement robust web applications using the Django framework. Collaborate with cross functional teams (UI/UX designers, product managers, etc.) to define, design, and deliver new features. Write reusable, testable, and efficient code. Integrate user facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
Ensure the performance,quality, and responsiveness of applications. Identify bottlenecks and bugs and provide solutions to these problems. Lead efforts to implement and enhance security protocols. Integrate data storage solutions, which may include databases, key value stores, and blob stores. Implement and maintain API endpoints. Stay updated with the latest industry trends and technologies to ensure our web applications remain current.
Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience with Django web framework. Good understanding of server-side templating languages. Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries. Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system. Strong unit testing and debugging skills. Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application. Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git. Good understanding of the principles of secure web development.
Understanding of containerization and orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes. Experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
Circadence has leveraged its history of software advancement, multi-player game development, and a deep understanding of application optimization, to offer Project Ares – the only fully immersive, AI-powered, cybersecurity training platform in the market today.
Project Ares provides cybersecurity teams the opportunity to practice skills and hone tactics in realistic, mission-specific virtual environments with real-world tools, and network activity, available 24/7 worldwide.
The Circadence portfolio is expanding rapidly and includes other emerging SaaS and PaaS Cyber Security product lines from security awareness to expert cyber security training and operational platforms supporting both commercial and government customers.
- Strong understanding and Experience with Django and Python
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques, best practices, design patterns and anti-patterns
- Experience with Event Driven Architectures such as RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ
- Experience with agile development methodologies & Scrum
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
Desired Experience and Skills
- Experience with backend languages\frameworks with Go
- Experience with relational (MSSQL/Postgresql) and non-relational (MongoDB) database technologies
- Familiarity with In-Memory Object storage technologies such as Redis
- Experience with Cloud IaaS, PaaS & SaaS such as Microsoft Azure
- Experience with CI/CD automation patterns/constructs to include automated testing (Azure DevOps)
Bonus Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of configuration management software such as Saltstack
- Familiarity with resource provisioning technology such as Terraform and Microsoft ARM templates
- Location: Remote
- Travel: NoneCircadence
- Schedule: Full-time
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
The benefits of working at Circadence
Compensation negotiable, depending on level of experience – $80,000 – $120,000.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Circadence Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Circadence will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
All Circadence employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.