[Hiring] Software Engineer, Android at Spruce
Date PostedFebruary 13, 2024
Experience4 Years plus
At Spruce, we are reimagining trusted interactions by creating the world’s best software for packaging assertions digitally. We are a team of programmers developing world-class open source software implementing open standards for identity.
There are no well-worn paths or theoreticals here. Every Spruce technical staffer gets their hands dirty writing code, learning new technologies, and solving problems at the bleeding edge of our space. We hire results-oriented developers who love technology and are committed to intellectual honesty, user privacy, and innovation.
The ideal candidate for this mobile engineering role will have experience developing Android apps through their full lifecycle, from concept through shipping to maintenance. You will work on a privacy-first digital identity wallet, controlled by the end user. We use a combination of core identity libraries, cutting-edge cryptography, and new interoperable identity standards.
- Refactor, maintain, and extend the open source credential wallet application on Android. The desired architecture is a set of reusable SDKs that contain the core functionality and UX workflow components. The completed application’s code should be a thin layer over the SDKs.
- Work closely with product managers and UX designers responsible for managing user stories, features, and releases
- Develop the mobile application including releasing the app to Google Play store
- 4+ years experience shipping Android applications
- Experience with one or more of: Flutter, Kotlin, Reactive Native
- Comfortable with rapid directional changes in a fully remote startup environment
- Experience collaborating with geographically and culturally diverse engineering scrum teams
- Understanding of computer security, basic use of cryptography, and principles of user data privacy
- Ability to write software that interacts with low level communications protocols, especially Bluetooth Low Energy, NFC, and WiFi Aware
- Experience with secure enclaves, hardware-based cryptography, or sensitive data handling on Android
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, IT, engineering, or related field.
We are passionate about cultivating a thriving culture of diverse individuals who bring unique perspectives to our mission. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.