[Hiring] Software Engineer – Mobile at Eight Sleep
Date PostedNovember 16, 2023
Experience4 Years plus
Eight Sleep is the world’s first sleep fitness company. Our mission is to fuel human potential through optimal sleep. We use innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for the better.
Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors, we have been recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2018, 2022, and 2023.
Our temperature-regulated technology, the Pod, is an absolute game changer, improving people’s health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. The Pod was also recognized two years in a row by TIME’s “Best Inventions of the Year.”
It is available for purchase in North America (the United States and Canada) and throughout the United Kingdom, Europe (Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Denmark), and Australia via eightsleep.com. We’re excited by the success of the Pod to date and still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
That is why we are hiring a mobile-focused Software Engineer with React Native experience to contribute to our mobile app development, build a robust set of features, and expand our capability to scale. The mobile app is our primary point of interaction with our members and is used to control & configure our product and gain insights.
How you’ll contribute
- Work on technology core to our members’ experience– the Eight Sleep app
- Partner with designers, product managers, and other engineers to have a significant impact on the product
- Ensure quality through design, processes, and tools in a CI/CD environment
- Partner with designers, product managers, and engineers to build the first-ever sleep fitness solution
- Add new features to support Pod4 and an adjustable base to our mobile app.
What you need to succeed
- 4 years of Mobile SW experience, with strong CS fundamentals and Engineering best practices
- 2+ years of React Native experience
- Experience in iOS/Android
- Experience working with continuous integration
- Experience working on a team with multiple mobile engineers
- Experience with Data visualization
Why you’ll love Eight Sleep:
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to impact people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night’s sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Flexible PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
- Fully distributed workforce
- Role ownership, and uncapped growth opportunities
- Salary Range: $130K – $160K
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal-opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
Please note: The listed compensation range is reflective of candidates residing in New York or California. Market compensation rates for candidates located outside of these areas may vary.