[Hiring] Sr CX Instructional Designer at 1Password
Date PostedOctober 12, 2023
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about.
Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
As a Sr CX Instructional Designer you play a pivotal role in crafting a curriculum that effectively meets the defined learning objectives, specifically tailored for training members of the Customer Experience team.
In collaboration with Orientation Specialists and Technical Trainers, you create resourceful and practical materials that aim at facilitating superior support and service delivery.
Central to your duties is the management and utilization of the Learning Management System (LMS), as related to the Customer Experience department, which serves as the main platform for delivering and tracking the training modules.
You ensure that the content and resources are appropriately integrated into the LMS, making it accessible and user-friendly for both trainers and trainees.
Your primary responsibility as a Sr CX Instructional Designer involves managing instructional materials, offering insightful recommendations to trainers, and making necessary adjustments to the existing curriculum to ensure it aligns with the highest standards of customer service training and policies.
This encompasses the development, design, and implementation of an impactful support-related curriculum, and the continuous updating of lesson plans and training materials within the LMS.
Observation and analysis form a critical part of your role. You examine training sessions, using these observations to fine-tune a curriculum that optimizes trainee success and proficiency. Through the LMS, you can track and analyze training progress and outcomes, allowing for evidence-based adjustments to the curriculum.
To support the implementation of training procedures, you offer facilitation and assistance, ensuring a smooth learning experience for trainers and trainees. This includes providing support and troubleshooting in relation to the use of the LMS, ensuring its effective operation.
This role requires you to have an extensive understanding of training methodologies, customer support systems, and digital learning platforms. Your comprehensive knowledge enables you to plan, execute, and monitor necessary training for trainers using the LMS.
The essence of your role is a steadfast commitment to enhancing customer support agent skills and knowledge. You ensure a robust and efficient training environment through strategic curriculum development, effective use of the LMS, and best training practices.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an instructional designer (or related role) of blended service or technical learning programs, ideally within a Customer Experience or operations department.
- Proven experience in applying learning and development models and principles, e.g. instructional design models (ADDIE) and techniques, adult learning principles, evaluation models (e.g. Kirkpatrick) to create engaging and effective training programs.
- For service instructional designers: Strong knowledge of customer service operations, principles and best practices, enabling the development of relevant and up-to-date service training.
- For technical instructional designers: Strong knowledge of technical support systems, IT terminologies, and trends, enabling the development of relevant and up-to-date technical training.
- Proficiency with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and e-learning platforms, with the ability to upload and maintain training modules
- Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with a proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, ensuring all tasks are completed within the stipulated timelines.
- Strong knowledge of learning and development trends and technologies to create cutting-edge training programs.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and evaluate the success of programs, making necessary adjustments to meet evolving needs of the department and company.
- Preferred: Familiarity with 1Password’s products and services
What you can expect:
- Needs assessment
- Collaborate with the learning and development team and key stakeholders to analyze the L&D needs of the Customer Experience (Service or Technical) team.
- Training design and development
- Design blended training programs and curricula to address L&D needs, and drive employee performance-based outcomes aligned to (Service’s or Technical Support’s) objectives.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and/or conduct research to create training content, and translate it into trainer and participant materials.
- Partner with trainers to determine the most effective instructional techniques and delivery methods given the training content and participant competency levels and learning preferences to deliver an effective and engaging learning experience. Methods may include virtual classroom instruction, on-the-job training, coaching/shadowing, buddy programs, eLearning, etc.
- Applies best practices in adult learning principles and accessibility/inclusive design into program development.
- Training delivery
- Partner with (Service or Technical) leaders, trainers, and other key stakeholders to plan and implement the rollout of training programs and curricula (e.g. establishing a calendar).
- Equip trainers to deliver training programs (e.g. via train the trainer).
- Upload to and maintain training program modules on the LMS. Update modules as needed.
- Training evaluation
- Implement continuous quality improvement practices to use feedback and participant progress/performance to refine and enhance training programs/curricula.
USA-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $88,000USD and $118,000USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
Canada-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $82,000CAD and $112,000CAD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s generous benefits program (health, dental, RRSP and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off, an equity grant and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs.
At 1Password, we approach each individual’s compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Wellness Coach membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at [email protected] and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Remote work is a part of our DNA. Given that our company was founded remotely in 2005, we can safely say we’re experts at building remote culture. That said, remote work at 1Password does mean working from your home country. If you’ve got questions or concerns about this your Talent Partner would be happy to address them with you.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a background check that may consist of prior employment verification, reference checks, education confirmation, criminal background, publicly available social media, credit history, or other information, as permitted by local law.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever’s Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position.
We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts.
You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application.
If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [[email protected]].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [[email protected]] or through 1Password Support.