[Hiring] Staff Back End Engineer at Medely
Date PostedOctober 30, 2023
Medely is a high-growth, profitable, series-C technology start-up reimagining the future of healthcare work by providing an on-demand marketplace and workforce management tools. With the support of top-tier investors, Medely has quickly become a go-to platform for healthcare professionals to instantly access high-paying jobs with the freedom and flexibility to work when and where they want.
As a fully remote team of sharp, collaborative, and entrepreneurial individuals, we are dedicated to redefining the way healthcare workers and facilities work together to provide for patients. We are looking for passionate and skilled professionals to join our team and help us take on tough challenges in this fast-expanding healthcare industry segment.
Join us in our mission to transform the healthcare staffing industry and improve patient lives!
At Medely, every team operates our business through amazing software experiences built specifically to deliver value to customers, whether on the supply or demand side of our market. Working with cross functional teams you will create and maintain impactful tools critical to keeping Medely’s technical platform exciting and new, delivering value to both healthcare facilities and professionals.
As a key member of the engineering team and reporting to the VP of Engineering, the Staff Back End Engineer will act as the back end technical lead for their team, both leading design and the development process and collaborating across teams to ensure end-to-end strategy and execution. We are looking for an engineer who’s passionate about product craftsmanship and cares about great design.
The Impact You’ll Make:
- Develop high-performing, scalable, and available backend infrastructure
- Contribute to and continually improve our site architecture, feature components, development process, SDLC tools, and system design
- Translate product requirements and technical designs into well-engineered, low-defect, robust code
- Research new technologies or methodologies that can improve the architecture, user experience, or development process
- Participate in code reviews, listening to feedback while sharing your knowledge with other members of the team
- Collaborate with product, sales, customer-support, and other departments to implement new growth initiatives
Who You Are:
- BS/BA in a technical field such as computer science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 4+ years of recent development experience with Ruby
- Solid grasp of software engineering fundamentals and their practical applications
- Experience with backend services or distributed systems, with strong understanding of how backend code affects the database layer
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams and be willing to roll up your sleeves and execute!
- Knowledge of OO programming languages and familiarity with tools like PostgreSQL and Redis
- Exposure to Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with APIs (REST and GraphQL)
The estimated compensation for this role is $175,000 to $205,000
Why Medely: Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Compensation: Based on experience and performance
- Long-term Incentives: 401k
- Healthcare Benefits: Full suite of benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexibility: We believe that work/life balance is important, so we offer twenty days of Paid Time Off and ten paid holidays.
- Paid parental leave
- Purpose: Join a growing mission-oriented startup that is modernizing the healthcare industry nationally!
- Ownership: Drive meaningful business impact on a team you’ll help build and define!
- Remote: Work in a digital environment with all the tools to achieve your work as though you were in the office!
We’re an equal-opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Work location is flexible if approved by Medely.
Medely does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. We consider any resume (CV) or biography received from an agency or outside recruiter without prior approval from a member of the Medely Human Resources or Recruiting team to be unsolicited and gratuitous, and such submissions will not be recognized by Medely for purposes of “ownership” of the candidate.
We are an E-Verify company.