[Hiring] Staff Backend Engineer at Pipe
Date PostedFebruary 9, 2024
Experience3 Years plus
Pipe is the modern capital platform built to connect entrepreneurs and business owners to fast, frictionless, dilution-free financing. Pipe turns all forms of revenue into up-front working capital to help companies improve cash flow, scale operations, and grow on their terms.
This is a full-time, fully-remote position as a Backend Engineer. While we’re very much still a startup in the sense that you may be asked to help with a variety of problems, in this role you can expect to spend most of your time working on the code and systems that power Pipe’s Go-to-Market efforts.
You’ll work closely with the Sales, Marketing and Product teams and write code needed to integrate CRM and marketing tools (Salesforce, Hubspot, Sendgrid etc) within Pipe’s backend systems.
- As a Backend Engineer, beyond specific GTM related tasks, you will also help design and improve new tooling and systems as needed to support our CRM and application needs.
- You will keep up to date on technology trends. Understand the impact of technology choices in the company.
- You will contribute to our team culture.
We are committed to using the right tools for the problems we are trying to solve. We are not dogmatic, but currently, our stack is mostly comprised of:
Backend: Go, PostgreSQL, Pyspark, BigQuery, Kubernetes, Pulumi, Buildkite, Google Cloud Platform.
Frontend: Typescript, React, Next.js.
You do not need to have prior experience with ALL of these technologies. We believe great candidates are capable of learning new tools and we provide mentorship and guidance as needed.
We try to adopt tools that are a delight to use, and that help us be productive. We have a strong focus on always maintaining and improving developer productivity. We experiment frequently, but pragmatically, with new technology.
We are looking for talented engineers with experience in a similar role. Specifically related to Backend Engineering:
- You have 3+ years of experience writing high-quality backend code.
- You have hands-on experience with web backends, databases, ETL pipelines and developer tools.
- You have experience with 3rd party SaaS integrations
- You have built, deployed, and maintained complex systems in the real world.
In general, to be an engineer at Pipe:
- You want to join a quickly growing startup and make an impact.
- You want to be part of an engineering team that holds each other to high standards.
- You want to make things better for yourself and others.
- You have a good sense of engineering fundamentals, and are passionate about building high quality software.
- You take end-to-end ownership of your work and are comfortable making code changes across the stack when needed.
- You can collaborate with non-engineering stakeholders to unblock yourself and make sure you’re building the right thing.
- You put users first and empathize with how they’ll use Pipe. Your work reflects this.
- You’re interested in finance and helping companies unlock new, more sustainable sources of capital.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You want to work in an environment that recognizes excellence.
Pipe is an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate. Inclusion is important to us and we hope it is to you, too.
Compensation and Benefits
- We want you to feel like an owner and that should be reflected in your salary and equity.
- The best equipment: we’ll provide it if you want it and it helps you do your job. Computers, monitors, desks, chairs, headphones, speakers, microphones, webcams, keyboards, mice, etc.
- A good work-life balance: we do our best work when we regularly can step away from it and live our lives.
- Flexible vacation and work hours. We don’t adopt conventional work practices that are meaningless for the type of work we do.
- Parental leave for anyone who is growing their family, regardless of gender.
- Great health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Great colleagues: we value a culture of authenticity, humility, and excellence. We want you to make a footprint on our culture.