[Hiring] Staff Data Analyst, R&D at Mural
Date PostedJanuary 9, 2024
We’re on a mission to empower innovation through a culture of collaboration by providing teams the means and methods to turn ideas and insights into reality.
Founded in 2011, Mural is a leading innovator in visual collaboration for hybrid, remote, and distributed teams. We believe in what we build, and our team of more than 400 “Muralistas” around the world collaborate in the Mural® app. Our values guide our intentionally inclusive product and culture, which includes collaboration design education and a flexible monthly stipend for learning, wellness, and coworking.
Mural has raised $200M to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill our mission. The company is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 100, including innovative teams at IBM, Intuit, GitLab, Microsoft, and Atlassian.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Business Analytics team sits within Mural’s Centralized Operations team, which also includes Information Technology and Business & Program Operations. Composed of skilled Data Analysts and Business Intelligence Analysts, the team works collaboratively with stakeholders from various departments to convert data into actionable insights that align with company goals and drive business growth. The team plays a pivotal role in furnishing Mural with crucial Business Health Reporting and metrics to measure our success.
As a Staff Data Analyst, you will be responsible for measuring product and business performance, analyzing trends, and surfacing insights that support key decisions and actions primarily with our R&D and Product teams.
You will partner closely with Product teams as well as Sales & Marketing Leadership, Revenue Operations, and others to deliver meaningful insights, self-service reporting, and metric strategies that drive data-driven decision-making across the organization.
You will play a key role in making our product amazing for all users!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with our product teams in R&D to analyze customer journeys, product usage and pain points. Leverage insights from quantitative and qualitative research to help teams make informed decisions on product features, retention strategies, outreach campaigns and more.
- Create and monitor metrics used within a framework to evaluate product direction and make recommendations from data insights.
- Support ad-hoc requests from stakeholders to conduct exploratory analyses that help to deepen the understanding of metrics or trends. Conduct AB Testing and other experiments as needed.
- Prepare presentation materials and present findings, insights, and recommendations to Senior Leadership in Monthly Business Reviews.
- Proactively own and drive a handful of long-term change management initiatives each year. This will involve a mixture of project management skills, communication and presentation skills, strong collaboration across departments, and the initiative to push projects to completion
- Collaborate with other data and BI analysts within the Business Analytics team to collectively meet the needs of the business through analyses, reports, and dashboards.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 6+ years of experience in a Data Analytics role supporting product analytics
- Proven experience leading the analysis of data from a variety of different sources (quantitative and qualitative), presenting the data in a clear and concise manner, and creating actionable insights
- A mastery of SQL, Tableau skills, and a working knowledge of pipeline tools like DBT and Airflow
- Good business acumen and strong communication skills, comfortable collaborating with and presenting to senior and executive leadership
- Strong problem-solving skills, comfortable navigating ambiguity to derive business requirements from stakeholder data requests; knowing the right questions to ask
- Autonomous, self-driven team-player able to thrive in ambiguity
For roles based in New York City, California, Colorado, and Washington, the base salary for this role ranges from $166,200 – $207,700 + equity + benefits. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for variable compensation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.