Staff Data Scientist, Product Analytics at Descript
Date PostedFebruary 12, 2024
Experience5 Years plus
Our vision is to build the next generation platform to enable easy and fast creation of audio and video content powered by cutting-edge AI. Building a revolutionary way to record, transcribe, edit, and mix spoken audio and video comes with a series of unique challenges and requires solving hard and complex problems.
As a founding product data scientist on the team, you will play a critical role in shaping our growth strategy, up-leveling our experimentation culture, and scaling our business.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct in-depth analysis to shape product PLG motion and B2B strategy.
- Develop deep understanding of the product ecosystem and identify opportunities to drive activation, engagement, and monetization through actionable insights.
- Improve execution rigor of product teams by owning success metrics and opportunity sizing.
- Brain buddy with product and engineering teams for day-to-day experiment design, deployment, and analysis. Provide creative solutions for tricky experimentation scenarios.
- Evolve experimentation culture and practices within the company.
What You Bring
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Scientist or similar role.
- 3+ years working in a growth function.
- Strong business and product intuition to identify opportunities in the growth ecosystem.
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis and A/B tests.
- Strong SQL skills and proficient in at least one programming language such as Python or R.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Curiosity, savviness to navigate in a dynamic environment, and a growth mindset.
- Having worked at a fast-growing start-up is a plus.
The base salary range for this role is $150,000- $195,000/year. Final offer amounts will carefully consider multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise, location, and may vary from the amount above.
Descript is building a simple, intuitive, fully-powered editing tool for video and audio — an editing tool built for the age of AI. We are a team of 125 — with a proven CEO and the backing of some of the world’s greatest investors (OpenAI, Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint Ventures, Spark Capital).
Descript is the special company that’s in possession of both product market fit and the raw materials (passionate user community, great product, large market) for growth, but is still early enough that each new employee has a measurable influence on the direction of the company.
Benefits include a generous healthcare package, catered lunches, and flexible vacation time. We currently have offices in San Francisco and Montreal, and are open to folks working remotely between PT and ET time zones. Whether you love WFH or can’t wait to get back to being in person, we’re interested in offering an environment that works for you.
Descript is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We believe in actively building a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions to better allow our employees, products, and community to thrive