[Hiring] Staff DevOps Engineer at Medely
Date PostedOctober 30, 2023
Medely is a high-growth, profitable, series-C technology start-up reimagining the future of healthcare work by providing an on-demand marketplace and workforce management tools. With the support of top-tier investors, Medely has quickly become a go-to platform for healthcare professionals to instantly access high-paying jobs with the freedom and flexibility to work when and where they want.
As a fully remote team of sharp, collaborative, and entrepreneurial individuals, we are dedicated to redefining the way healthcare workers and facilities work together to provide for patients. We are looking for passionate and skilled professionals to join our team and help us take on tough challenges in this fast-expanding healthcare industry segment.
Join us in our mission to transform the healthcare staffing industry and improve patient lives!
Medely is looking for a Staff DevOps Engineer to help build the top platform. As a Staff DevOps Engineer at Medely, you will impact the medical facilities and healthcare professionals’ experience directly through your infrastructure decisions, and indirectly through supporting and enhancing the engineering team’s ability to deliver features.
As a key member of the engineering team and reporting to the Vice President of Engineering, you will cross-functionality collaborate with teams to ensure end-to-end strategy and execution. You will use your technical experience and business context to lead engineering teams in building the Medely platform. We are looking for an engineer who is passionate about product craftsmanship and cares about great design. Ideally, you will have experience in fostering and growing highly efficient software development teams and supporting the delivery of simple and elegant development solutions.
The Impact You’ll Make:
- Collaborate with the engineering team over the entire software lifecycle
- Champion best practices; negotiate operational & non-functional requirements in project specs; supply realistic testing environments; identify and fix bugs; streamline the development workflow and help developers find the best ways to use the available infrastructure
- Evaluate, deploy, and maintain open-source tools to automate the operation of our stack
- Drive the integration of monitoring tools for improvement, tuning, and identification of issues
- Use strategies like infrastructure-as-code, continuous integration/delivery, and containerized development to ensure our environments are auditable and easy to replicate
Who You Are:
- 8+ years experience operating, securing, and automating medium/large IT infrastructures
- Recent experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud along with the deployment, management, and troubleshooting of web applications
- Automation with third-party tools like Terraform, Helm, CI/CD tooling
- Scripting experience with Python, Ruby, Bash, or equivalent
- Solid understanding of networking, network security, load balancers, TCP/IP
- Working knowledge of security standards and best practices
- Ability to define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems
- Pragmatic attitude to selecting technologies and designs; conscious of best fit for the organization and total cost of ownership as well as initial outlay; able to effectively prioritize work and triage outstanding issues
The estimated compensation for this role is $175,000 to $215,000.
Why Medely: Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Compensation: Based on experience and performance
- Long-term Incentives: 401k
- Healthcare Benefits: Full suite of benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexibility: We believe that work/life balance is important, so we offer twenty days of Paid Time Off and ten paid holidays.
- Paid parental leave
- Purpose: Join a growing mission-oriented startup that is modernizing the healthcare industry nationally!
- Ownership: Drive meaningful business impact on a team you’ll help build and define!
- Remote: Work in a digital environment with all the tools to achieve your work as though you were in the office!
We’re an equal-opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Work location is flexible if approved by Medely.
Medely does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. We consider any resume (CV) or biography received from an agency or outside recruiter without prior approval from a member of the Medely Human Resources or Recruiting team to be unsolicited and gratuitous, and such submissions will not be recognized by Medely for purposes of “ownership” of the candidate.
We are an E-Verify company.