[Hiring] Support Engineering Lead at Lumos
Date PostedDecember 22, 2023
ExperienceFresh, 1 Year, 2 Years, 3 Years, 4 Years, 5 Years
In 2011, Mark Andreessen famously said, “Software is eating the world.” 10+ years later, software hasn’t just nibbled, it has indulged in a lavish ten-course feast at a Michelin star restaurant. From Slack to Zoom to Figma, software is embedded in every company’s DNA. And while most just get to enjoy the benefits, there is one unsung hero behind it all: 🦸♀️ IT 🦸♀️
While being flooded with never ending IT tickets, they are also making sure Guy Fieri in Sales doesn’t buy yet another tool “promising” a 103% lead conversion rate. And burying themselves in spreadsheets to prepare the SOC2 report for when Gordon Ramsey from the Big 4 comes knocking.
And can’t forget about Julia Child, the newest on-call engineer, who needs access to prod DB to investigate an incident. All of these workstreams are among spreadsheets, emails, Slack messages, and Zoom calls. But those days are numbered.
✨ Let there be Lumos ✨
Lumos is building the first AppHQ for companies. In essence, we are creating the meta app, the source-of-truth for companies to manage all their apps.
- 🚀 Rocketship Growth: In less than two years, our team has grown from 20 to ~80 brilliant minds across Canada, the United States and South America. Our customer base has more than 10x’d with some pretty incredible names like SiriusXM, GitHub, and Intercom.
- 📈 Backed by Industry Leaders: Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) has backed us since the beginning. We have a team of trusted advisors including Joel De La Garza (partner at a16z and previous Chief Security Officer at Box) and Leland Maschmeyer (the design thinker behind Spotify and Microsoft)
- ⭐ Grow with us: You have the chance to be one of the first 100 people at Lumos. At Lumos, you will build your function from the ground up, get exposure to different aspects of the business developing a diverse skill set, and most importantly, you’ll have the opportunity to pave your own path.
We are rewriting the IT playbook, one that better reflects our software eaten world.
As the Support Engineering Lead at Lumos, you’re stepping into a transformative role that’s central to our growth and customer commitment. Up until now, our customer support responsibilities were shared between the customer success and solutions engineering teams.
As we gear up for rapid expansion in the coming years, you’ll be the pioneer in crafting and executing our support strategy. This is where your vision comes to life – you’ll build the foundations of our support operations from the ground up and recruit a balanced mix of technical and non-technical support talent.
This role isn’t just about leading; it’s a unique entrepreneurial opportunity to apply your wealth of experience and create the kind of customer support team and systems you’ve always envisioned. 🌟
✨ Your Responsibilities
- Elevate the Customer Support Experience: Lead the charge in scaling Lumos’s customer support. Your role is to blend human interactions with outstanding support metrics, ensuring Lumos continues to deliver a stellar customer-centric service.
- Leading by Doing: As we navigate our early growth stages, you will actively handle support tickets.
- Own the Helpcenter: Take full command of the helpcenter. Your mission is to ensure the helpcenter is a robust, self-service resource for customers. Lead initiatives for regular content updates, training, and feature documentation.
- Innovate through Projects and Initiatives: Implement strategies to improve key support metrics like Time-To-Resolution and CSAT. Your role involves leveraging AI, managing escalations, and establishing efficient cross-functional processes.
- Recruit and Develop Talent: Play a key role in hiring and nurturing both technical and non-technical support personnel. As a mentor and leader, you will cultivate a culture of continuous learning and professional growth within the team.
🙌 What We Value
We purposefully did not create a standard list of minimum qualifications because we care much more about your motivation, excitement, and potential to grow into the role than about your CV.
Instead of focusing on what people need to have, we focus on what people need to do. Additionally, we try to find out whether you would be a good fit for Lumos based on our values that define how we achieve outcomes and what characteristics we value.
We encourage you to apply even if you think you might not be perfect fit! 🤝
💸 Benefits and Perks:
- 💯 Remote work culture (+/-4 hours Pacific Time)
- ⛑ Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage covered by Lumos
- 🛩 Company and team bonding trips throughout the year fully covered by Lumos
- 💻 Optimal WFH setup to set you up for success
- 🌴 Unlimited PTO, with minimum time off to make sure you are rested and able to be at your best
- 👶🏽 Up to (4) months off for both the Birthing & Non-birthing parent
- 💰 Wellness stipend to keep you awesome and healthy
- 🏦 401k contribution plan