[Hiring] Vice President, Revenue Marketing at Muck Rack
Date PostedDecember 28, 2023
Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to enable organizations to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media. Muck Rack’s Public Relations Management (PRM) platform enables organizations to build relationships with the media, manage crisis risk and demonstrate PR’s impact on business outcomes.
Founder controlled, fully distributed, and growing sustainably, Muck Rack has received several awards for its unparalleled culture and product from organizations like Inc., Quartz, G2, and BuiltIn. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, & customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re looking for an experienced vice president of revenue marketing with a proven track-record of success to join our team and help Muck Rack achieve its next level of growth.
As our first VP of revenue marketing, your mission will be to create and execute an enterprise-grade marketing strategy to help Muck Rack attain its pipeline, revenue and customer retention targets. You should be excited about the opportunity to build a scalable Revenue Marketing framework and infrastructure from the ground up, while expanding the company’s established content marketing and demand generation campaigns. You’ll be a great fit for this role if you love growing and managing high-performing teams, and relish the opportunity to make a significant impact on a company’s growth.
What you’ll do:
- Reengineer Muck Rack’s marketing tech stack for enterprise scale performance, by specifying, building and launching a new Marketo implementation
- Build and deploy a new marketing funnel, aligned with the customer journey and the selling motion
- Create and manage a new measurement and reporting framework to track marketing program and funnel performance, helping our company exceed its pipeline, ARR and customer retention goals
- Expand our content marketing programs to align with each stage of the funnel and to cover all our target personas, segments and use cases
- Launch integrated marketing campaigns that help the company achieve its net new logo acquisition goals
- Launch new customer marketing programs – activation, engagement and advocacy – to help the company achieve its retention, cross-sell and upsell goals
- Partner closely and work collaboratively with the Go-to-Market teams – sales, customer success, enablement – on program strategy, development and execution
- Build, grow, coach and motivate a high-performing, high-output team
- Serve as an ambassador on behalf of marketing to the rest of the organization, and as a demand generation voice on Muck Rack the leadership team
How success will be measured in this role:
- Achieving marketing funnel best practices metrics – volume and conversion percentages through each stage of the funnel, to achieve corporate goals
- Helping the company achieve its pipeline, ARR, net new logo and customer retention goals
- Increasing pipeline coverage in quarter
- Achieving content marketing best practices metrics – including engagement, click through rates, downloads, registrations, time on site
- Driving B2B campaign best practices performance metrics
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 12+ years total experience, with 7 to 10 years in marketing leadership roles
- Proven experience leading Revenue Marketing in a B2B SaaS company that has achieved ARR of $100M or higher
- Proficiency in core Revenue Marketing tech stack tools and systems – direct experience with Salesforce.com and Marketo at a minimum, plus fluency in attribution solutions, chatbots, lead sources
- Direct experience with all facets of Revenue Marketing, including operations, content, campaigns, measurement and reporting
- Experience building and managing a high-performing, distributed team
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation
- Demonstrated service mindset – empathy, collaboration, team spirit
- Intellectual curiosity – a thirst to learn and grow
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic culture – with the patience and sense of humor needed to enjoy the ride
Below you’ll find an outline of the interview plan for this role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A 1 hour zoom interview with the hiring manager
- Skills assessment – prepare and present a case study on how you’ve built and grown Revenue Marketing teams in the past. Plan for 30 minutes of content, plus questions. (Three hours max preparation time)
- Peer interviews with several team members
- Final call(s) with executive team member(s)
In the US, the base salary for this role is between $200,000 and 230,000, depending on skills and experience. Total compensation for this role consists of base salary, an annual bonus plan, and equity. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.
Individual compensation decisions are based on a number of factors, including experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
Why Muck Rack?
Remote Work, Forever. We’re a fully distributed team and have pledged to remain that way forever. We offer employees a full home office setup, phone & internet reimbursement, and a monthly coworking membership. We build culture through virtual and in-person team bonding opportunities including team lunches, friendly competitions, and celebratory events!
Transparent Compensation. We offer competitive geo-neutral pay in the U.S. and review compensation at least once annually to ensure internal equity and alignment with the external market. Depending on the role, we offer either a standardized bonus program or attainable commission structure and an opportunity to earn equity in the company. All employees are eligible for our 401(k) plan* with employer contributions.
Health & Wellness*. Muck Rack provides comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance for employees and their families. We offer a high-deductible health plan with 100% premium coverage for individuals, as well as a range of other plan options. Our team also has access to 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, employer-funded HSA contributions, and other pre-tax benefits. Team members have access to a quarterly wellness stipend and a free Headspace subscription.
PTO and Family Benefits. Our team enjoys 4+ weeks of off-the-grid PTO, plus paid sick/mental health days, summer Fridays, and 13 paid holidays. In order to combat Zoom fatigue and allow for deep work without interruption, we have implemented “No Internal Meeting Fridays” year round. We also provide up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
Personal & Professional Development. We grow talent by creating internal pathways for advancement and promotion. Muck Rack conducts bi-annual performance reviews, hosts team-wide workshops, and offers management training and leadership training opportunities. We also provide unlimited subscriptions to L&D platforms including Coursera & O’Reilly, as well as 2 additional days of PTO to dedicate to learning and development.
Culture of Inclusion. We know that diverse perspectives breed innovation and help us better serve our customers. We are committed to ensuring employees feel their identities are valued and that people of all backgrounds and points of view are treated equitably.
Customer-First. Founder-controlled means we have the freedom to be nimble, highly collaborative and innovative, building forward-thinking products that enable 3,000+ companies around the world to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media.
*These benefits are specific to US-based employees. In some, but not all, cases we are able to offer equivalent benefits to employees located outside of the United States.
While we are a fully distributed team, we do have limitations on where we can hire and maintain a list of acceptable working locations based on job function. If we are unable to hire in your current location for the role for which you applied, you will be notified via email. While we enjoy many benefits as a permanently distributed and remote company, we cannot always support relocation or extended travel and have guidelines in place to ensure compliant work away from your designated permanent residence.