[Hiring] VP, Growth Marketing at Platform.sh
Date PostedNovember 30, 2023
The Platform.sh Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) removes the complexities of cloud infrastructure management and optimizes development-to-production workflows, reducing the time it takes to build and deploy applications. Delivering efficiency, reliability, and security, giving development teams both control and peace of mind. Built for developers, by developers.
Adopted and loved by 16,000+ developers, 7,000 customers, and proven over the last 8 years — Platform.sh provides out-of-the-box capabilities that serve as the launchpad for creative development teams’ out-of-the-box thinking.
We provide 24×7 support, managed cloud infrastructure, and automated security and compliance with an all-in-one PaaS. We give our customers complete control over their data by keeping applications secure and available around the clock.
Platformers are a remote, global workforce, and we thrive in a multicultural team. We are committed to open source and an open, welcoming environment.
Our team spans the globe and the experience spectrum. What’s our commonality, our cultural fabric? A curious spirit and a thirst for knowledge; an eagerness for innovative ideas and cultures. We believe we can build anything together in an environment that frees you to do your best work.
Bring your expertise and enthusiasm to our growing, global organization. Your contributions, collaboration, and unique point of view are recognized and valued here.
Join our dynamic team as the Vice President of Growth Marketing and help shape the global landscape of Platform.sh. Drive business goals with full-funnel integrated digital marketing strategies. Leverage your deep expertise in SEO, SEA, Display, Paid Social, and Lead Generation to oversee media across branding, prospecting, consideration, and retention objectives.
As a key leader, you’ll manage a team of digital campaign managers and experts, providing critical thinking and thought leadership for an integrated omni-channel customer experience. Seize the opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation and lead the growth initiatives that propel Platform.sh to new heights.
This role reports directly to our Chief Marketing Officer.
What you can expect
Craft and optimize digital acquisition and lead generation strategies:
- Direct both organic and paid media strategies, optimizing the media mix to boost inbound web traffic and drive conversions to paid subscriptions. This spans Search, SEO, Display, Paid Social, and other channels, including open source project sponsorships.
- Develop and execute demand generation strategies, delivering high-quality leads for Sales and nurture the prospect database.
- Meet monthly targets for marketing qualified leads, utilizing integrated paid and organic programs to increase the marketing database and overall pipeline (e.g., Google PPC, content marketing, webinars, events).
- Enhance the efficiency of our marketing automation system (Marketo) for better lead nurturing and conversion.
- Manage global agency contracts, optimizing the roster for effective campaign delivery.
- Monitor campaign performance, swiftly resolving obstacles, and making real-time decisions.
- Provide lead generation activity reports at sales meetings.
Measurement and reporting:
- Optimize processes and reporting for demand generation and website signups to enhance marketing spend effectiveness.
- Streamline budget management, KPI forecasting, and create a performance dashboard for transparent strategy evaluation.
- Conduct detailed analysis of campaign outcomes, presenting clear insights to inform strategic decisions and guide next steps.
- Lead and empower a high-performing team of digital and demand generation campaign experts.
- Collaborate seamlessly across cross-functional teams including Brand, Data, Sales, Product Marketing, Content.
- Collaborate with Product to optimize the user experience and conversions to paid subscriptions.
- Serve as the deputy to the CMO for the North American region.
What you bring
- Over 12 years experience in B2B Tech demand generation and digital acquisition strategies, with a specific expertise in Search, SEO, Display, and Paid Social.
- Expertise in crafting comprehensive digital media strategies to achieve brand and business objectives.
- Ability to efficiently oversee media agencies, optimizing programs tactically.
- Understanding for both SLG and PLG motions.
- Proven analytical ability for program measurement, ROI assessment, and adept program execution.
- Strong communication skills to convey complex ideas effectively.
- Exceptional team management and leadership skills.
- Preferred experience in leading global teams or working in global markets within the digital media landscape.
Bonus points for
- Hands-on expertise with leading marketing and sales automation systems like Marketo and Salesforce.com.
- Execute programs hands-on, delve into data analysis to transform empirical data into strategic decisions and actionable plans while managing multiple priorities.
What we bring as a team
- We trust each other – Try, succeed, or fail, we will always have your back!
- We have fun – We work seriously without taking ourselves too seriously.
- We are team players – Teamwork makes the dream work!
- We are transparent – We believe in explicit communication and value constructive feedback.
This is a remote job! Work from anywhere in the North America region.
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams.
To maximize team collaboration this role is preferred in the Americas time zones ranging from UTC-7 to UTC-5.
Company perks and benefits
- An innovative product you can believe in. We’re sustainably changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work by 96% of our employees, Forbes Top 30 Companies for Remote Jobs, and in France Best Workplaces for Women
- Hands on leadership that cares in a flexible, open work environment, where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas
- A global team, rich with culture and diversity
- Company-wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of
- Team offsites such as go-to-market teams kick-off, local meets, Exco offsites, marketing sponsored events, etc
- A Wellness stipend and a Professional development budget
- Office equipment budget
- Fair PTO (standards based on location)
- Inclusive parental leave (timeline based on location)
- Healthcare, dental, and vision (US, CA, UK, and FR employees only)
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages
- Company shares (discretionary)
- Unlimited Platform.sh accounts
How we hire
We know that a great hire won’t meet every requirement that we’ve outlined. If you can see yourself elevating the team, we want to hear your story. Few of us would be here had we not taken a chance.
You can expect 5 interviews on Google Meet to follow the order below. Should you successfully move through the entire process you will have the opportunity to meet with a variety of Platformers. Our goal is to ensure you can make the most informed decision on whether this role and our culture aligns with what you’re looking for in your future working environment.
- 45 Minutes with Talent Acquisition
- 60 Minutes with Hiring Manager (CMO)
- 60 Minutes with Team
- 60 Minutes with COO
- 45 Minutes with CEO
All roles require background checks.