[Hiring] VP of Marketing at Vacation Inc.
Date PostedNovember 15, 2023
Who We Are
Vacation® is an award-winning sunscreen company from Miami, USA that’s on a mission to make sunscreen fun. Since launching in 2021, our “leisure-enhancing” products continue to receive prestigious industry awards and secure bestseller status at a growing list of retailers across the country, including Ulta Beauty, Nordstrom, Blue Mercury, and Anthropologie, along with highly coveted hotels and boutiques such as the Standard Hotel and Kith.
With a keen focus on product innovation and immersive brand building, the Vacation® team is motivated by the ambitious goal to be sold wherever sunscreen is purchased– making our joy-inducing, “leisure-enhancing” sunscreen available for all.
Vacation® is looking for an experienced VP of Marketing to lead our marketing efforts. Our VP of Marketing will report directly to the Co-Founder / CMO and will oversee internal marketing teams and functions. Our ideal candidate has extensive background in both performance marketing as well as brand and product marketing alongside robust experience managing and leading fast growing teams.
In addition to this, preference will also be given to candidates who have experience in high growth startups who can help lead our marketing department and expand the team as we move through triple-digit growth across online and physical retail channels.
Your responsibilities will focus on four main areas:
Team Leadership and Marketing Department Management
- Work together with the Co-Founder and marketing function leads on the creation of the marketing plan
- Set, manage and own the annual marketing budget
- Lead the marketing team in the implementation and successful delivery of the marketing plan, reporting on its progress and optimizing regularly
- Lead, manage and scale the personnel within the marketing department to efficiently reach our business goals
- Participate in executive-level planning and decision-making for the company as a whole, as well as in the optimization of cross departmental processes.
- Set the performance marketing strategy and work with our existing growth team to improve effectiveness in DTC and Amazon channels
- Provide hands-on leadership across three areas within our growth/performance marketing function: acquisition, email marketing and website management / optimization
- Provide hands-on leadership and assistance in ecommerce analysis initiatives and strategy optimization
- Provide hands-on leadership and assistance with process-setting and execution to optimize the day-to-day execution of our growth marketing plan.
- Lead the product marketing function; owning what we say about our products and how to amplify that message across all marketing touch points (e.g., website descriptions, retailer websites, product training materials, and more)
- Lead the development of internal guides, resources and processes to 1) develop product marketing copy, and 2) facilitate its correct usage across various internal and external product listings, marketing materials, training guides, POS materials and more (eg, copy libraries and implementation guidelines)
- Work jointly with the Co-Founder and internal producers in product launch campaign development and execution
- Collaborate with the Co-Founder in product and creative briefing / feedback
- Manage the day-to-day brand decisions of “always-on” marketing materials such as email marketing, performance marketing creative, influencer marketing materials, CRO initiatives, press release, and award submission feedback and similar
- Adeptly create, and charismatically present, pitches to various stakeholders via brand overview decks, partnership decks, retail sales decks and similar
- Manage and execute ad hoc brand marketing assets such as OOH materials, POS fixtures, partnership marketing materials and similar as they arise.
What Excites Us about You
- You have robust “hands-on” experience in the areas listed out above
- You have worked in a fast-paced, growing startup environments before where you’ve been both “scrappy” and resourceful to get the job done while building out processes and resources for the continual improvement of the department in the long run
- You have a good eye for what constitutes “on brand” for our unique brand world and personality
- You have a propensity to action and can power-through to do lists with a willingness to dive in to complete any task to get the job done
- You have a penchant for the eccentric style that the Vacation® brand exudes across its channels
- Minimum 7+ years marketing experience in a senior position
- Direct experience with DTC performance marketing
- Direct experience managing and scaling teams of 5 or more people
- Proven track record of performance and growth
- You use sunscreen!
- You’re excited to grow Vacation® into a household name and have fun in the process
Compensation & Benefits
- Employee Equity Options
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision plans with 100% coverage for employees
- WFH stipend and an annual learning stipend
- 15 Days PTO
- Complimentary Vacation® Products
What We Value
Vacation Inc. employees have a deep hunger and eagerness to go above and beyond in everything they do. They love to leave their mark in contributing to the company’s growth and, maybe most importantly, they are humble when they do so. No job is too small, and they see every task they do as an opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the company’s overall success. Attention to detail, organization, proactivity, accountability, humility and a sense of humor are cardinal virtues for a Vacation Inc. employee.
Vacation Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity/expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting us at [email protected] so we can do our best to accommodate you in applying for the role.