[Hiring] Senior Backend Engineer at Catalyst
Date PostedOctober 10, 2023
Experience5 Years plus
Catalyst is the world’s most intuitive Customer Success Platform (CSP), and was built by an experienced group of industry leaders. Our software integrates with all of the tools that CS teams are already using to provide one centralized view of customer data. Customer Success Managers can subsequently take the right actions to prevent churn, increase product adoption, and align the entire organization on a unified workflow to manage customers throughout their journey. Catalyst helps organizations turn Customer Success into a company-wide mission.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join the Workflows team and build the tools that Customer Success Managers need to streamline their work and collaborate more effectively. From automating their customer lifecycles, to tracking their large team initiatives and controlling how information is shared between users, you’ll focus on the features that supercharge our users’ process from end to end. As a senior member of the team, you’ll also play a role in defining the conventions, best practices and processes of Engineering at Catalyst. If you’re excited to help change the way companies relate to their customers and are passionate about building a beautiful and intuitive product that wows users, let’s chat!
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with developers, design and product to build complex user interfaces powering the features our users depend on daily. Partner with Engineering Manager and Product Manager to finalize requirements and project scope
- Contribute to defining best practices around quality, observability and scalability
- Foster the development of teammates through mentorship and code reviews
- Build consensus around solutions that balance solving for our current business cases, future iterations and maintainability
- Identify performance bottlenecks and advocate for improvements to our evolving backend infrastructure
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails (or a similar language) developing enterprise web applications
- A love for shipping features that delight users and deep empathy for the customer experience
- Extensive experience in designing and building highly scalable web services and a track record of driving improvements to a legacy codebase
- Extensive experience with PostgreSQL/MySQL, especially the ability to design queries for performance
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to teammates and stakeholders, regardless of their experience or technical expertise
- Sound judgment when balancing moving quickly with producing quality code and long-term code maintainability
Why You’ll Love Working Here!
- Highly competitive compensation package, including equity – everyone has a stake in our growth
- Comprehensive benefits, including up to 100% paid medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved ones
- Open vacation policy, encouraging you to take the time you need – we trust you to strike the right work/life balance
- Annual education stipend, to ensure that you’re continuously expanding your skill set
- Monthly wellness stipend, to ensure that you’re taking care of both your physical & mental health
- Monthly remote team-building events, including game nights, trivia, cooking/mixology classes, and more!
Salary information: The estimated base salary range for this position is $150,000 – $165,000 USD. Additionally, we offer a competitive equity package and comprehensive benefits. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate’s skills, qualifications, experience and location.
Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer, meaning that we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other protected class. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.